# Introduction to Starport
Starport (opens new window) offers everything you need to build, test, and launch your blockchain with a decentralized worldwide community. Starport is built on top of Cosmos SDK (opens new window), the world’s most popular blockchain framework. Starport accelerates chain development by scaffolding everything you need so you can focus on business logic.
# What is Starport?
Starport is an easy-to-use CLI tool for creating sovereign application-specific blockchains. Blockchains created with Starport use Cosmos SDK and Tendermint. Starport and the Cosmos SDK modules are written in the Go programming language. The scaffolded blockchain created with Starport includes a command line interface that lets you manage keys, create validators, and send tokens.
With just a few commands, you can use Starport to:
- Create a modular blockchain written in Go
- Scaffold modules, messages, types with CRUD operations, IBC packets, and more
- Start a blockchain node in development with live reloading
- Connect to other blockchains with a built-in IBC relayer
- Use automatically generated TypeScript/Vuex clients to interact with your blockchain
- Use the Vue.js web app template with a set of components and Vuex modules
# Projects using Tendermint and Cosmos SDK
Many projects already showcase the Tendermint BFT Consensus Engine and the Cosmos SDK. Explore the Cosmos Network Ecosystem (opens new window) to discover a wide variety of apps, blockchains, wallets, and explorers that are built in the Cosmos ecosystem.
# Projects building with Starport
- Sifchain: omni-chain solution for DEXes (opens new window)
- crypto.org chain (opens new window) (initialized with Starport (opens new window))
- Interchain accounts demo (opens new window)
- Lazy Ledger (opens new window)
- Umee: decentralized universal capital facility (opens new window)
- Starport Network (opens new window)
- Juno interoperable smart contract hub (opens new window)
- Affondra (opens new window)
- Finding Imposter (opens new window)
- Flares payment network (opens new window)
- Starport lets you create, develop, and build a blockchain.
- Starport and Cosmos SDK modules are written in Go.
- Create Cosmos SDK modules to implement custom functionality.